For us, that's a decent-sized screen-in porch overlooking the rest of our green neighborhood and it's tidily kept houses. For others with a little more space (and garden know-how), like my mom, it may be a sizable verdant secret garden-esque landscape with a wild array of colorful blooms and a charming limestone patio, each stone lined with green fuzzy moss. Or maybe you're somewhere in between.
Either way, now's the perfect time to give your outdoor space a facelift. Here's a little checklist of the basics:
A few things:
- Using planters in various heights gives your space more dimension and adds interest, which is always key in creating well-rounded, balanced spaces.
- Depending on your space, your seating may only be two chairs (maybe even just one), or an entire set of lounges, chairs, and bistro set. This is just a starting point.
- This particular style of box planters could be substituted with DIY wine crates. Sounds good, right??
- Mix greens and florals that bloom and grow to different heights. Again, the variation in height and color creates dimension and interest.
- This sounds like a no-brainer, but do not put scented candles in your lanterns! Or else some pesky bloodsuckers will think they're invited to this party. Opt for citronella.
If you want to snag some 101 items for yourself, you can find them here:
- Neutral & White Outdoor Pillows
- Navy Trellis Outdoor Pillow
- Outdoor Pouf
- Outdoor Pod Chair
- Garden Stool
- Tall Wire Planter
- Crate Planters
Happy Summertime, everyone! Get outside and enjoy it!